PRF Hair Restoration
Why Do You have Hair Loss?
It is normal to lose about 50 to 100 hairs per day during your telogen hair growth cycle. Hair will grow back when you see a white bulb at the end of a fallen hair strand. But if your hair is falling out in clumps, your loss is more significant. Most men experience some hair loss by at 35 starting on the crown due to androgen hormonal imbalance with excess DHT ( a by-product of testosterone) with causes follicles to stop producing hair. Recently, even patients in their 20s have been seeking male and female hair loss treatment.
Female pattern baldness is hereditary and hormonal – but stress, toxins, and poor diets play a role. Women usually don’t go completely bald, two-thirds lose hair after menopause, and less have full hair past age 65. Recently, even patients in their 20s have been seeking male and female hair loss treatment.
You can empower your hair follicles to regrow with your own Platelets using PRF injections.
How does PRF work to regenerate hair follicles?
• Your blood is mainly composed of plasma that contains red cells, white cells, and platelets. Your platelets contain growth factors like: vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), fibroblast growth factor (EGF), transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-β1), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which stimulates damaged cells regeneration.
• In our system of PRF production, your blood is draw a vial of blood from your arm, then spin it in a centrifuge to isolate your platelets. After about 5-8 minutes, your blood will have separated into two layers:
• Platelet-Rich Fibrin (containing leukocytes) and Red Blood Cells.
• PRP will be injected into subdermal skin level of your scalp. It will cause mild inflammation that triggers the healing process, enhancing circulation and promoting new blood vessel growth, stimulating your active follicles to regrow your hair.
• The benefit of PRF will start to show after about 6-7 weeks, lasting about 2 years. Your results may vary depending on your age, the severity of your condition, genetics, general health, and environmental factors.
• We recommend following the protocol designed by the study, which is once a month for 4 months, followed by 3x a year, and eventually followed by 2x a year for maintenance.
Advantages of PRF regeneration over pharmaceuticals
- PRF is a 2nd generation PRP.
- PRF has longer washout time, it persists for 3 months compared to PRP having washout within 1 month.
- PRF has high leukocyte count and high platelets count embed in fibrin, preventing early washout.
- High leukocyste count has proven to promote regeneration more effectively in multiple studies.
- Safe: over half a million successful PRF procedures have been performed worldwide
- Autologous: no risk of rejection or infection from your own blood (organic)
- Non-surgical: no incisions, scarring, anesthetic, hospital stay, or long recovery time, cost-effective compared to surgery
- Fast and simple: your procedure takes 30-45 minutes including prep time, and is much faster than any surgical option.
Slight swelling, pain, bruising or soreness may occur, but this can be minimized using antiseptic soaps during the next several days. You may always contact Tiffany Ross PA-C for any additional questions.
Be sure to discuss your medical history and any medications you’re taking during your consultation, as there are some conditions or medications that may prevent you from PRF therapy